Friday, January 14, 2011

Wine and Babies :)

No, this post is not about THAT. I know what you were thinking. I was inspired by a friends blog to update when I can. And I do have a minute. So here I go.

I'm sitting here drinking a glass of red wine and listening to Miriam vocalize in her car seat before falling fast asleep. Why the car seat you ask? Because it works. We swaddle her up, buckle her in, and she falls fast asleep for anywhere between 8-12 hours. It works like a charm and why fix what isn't broke. What will we do when she gets too big? We will cross that bridge my friends, but since she is not growing at alarming rates of speed, I'm not too concerned. Plus sleeping upright is supposed to help with colds and between that and teething, little miss Miriam is a snotty, drooling mess!

I have come to realize that I'm a little bit of a wine snob. Not that I know the names, prices, or any of the wine lingo. It's just that I really like a good red wine. I can't be that snobby since I just figured out the decanting thing a month ago! That being said, I have yet to really enjoy many whites or even blush wines. I really like reds. For my birthday my sister gave me wines of the month and I was hooked. I have found I enjoy a good cab and chianti but am put off by anything too heavy such as merlot and claret.

If we ever settle in the Midwest, I will miss California wine. I'm sure we can always find a way to get a good bottle now and then.

So where was I going with this? Nowhere in particular. But before I forget, I should update and say my ribs are healing (as long as Miriam doesn't kick them) and I have a walking boot on my left leg, still can't move the toes or put pressure on the foot but the boot allows me to hobble around and take care of Miriam.

I think that is all for tonight.

The Kenny Family

No comments:

Post a Comment