Monday, January 17, 2011

All About Miriam!!!!!

So Brendan and I talked and we have agreed to no longer post controversial stuff. We will keep things as light and happy as possible. So moving on...Enjoy this post of everything Miriam!

What can we say about our little girl!? Miriam will be 7 months on the 19th and we couldn't be happier. She has soared from the 10th percentile for weight and height all the way to the 25th percentile!!!! And by soared I mean it, she literally became a chunk overnight!  We are thrilled to have a baby with rolls!! They are so fun to zobble (for those unfamiliar with the term it's the Midwestern term for consuming all those wonderful rolls babies posses!)

Miriam seemed to wake up on December 24th. She was active and alert before this point, but on that day she just became more alive to the world around her and to us. Miriam has quite a little personality and she will let you know if she is unhappy or if you have not given her enough attention. Lol. We are practicing her "inside squeal" but I have a feeling the concept is lost on her.

She has also said (and continues to say) her first word, "Dada." It is so fun to hear, we are still working on "momma' and "butter burger" (for all those Culver's fans). She is a little jabber and loves to talk to the white noise machine instead of taking a nap.

She has been sleeping through the night in her car seat since 6 weeks and last night we successfully put her to bed in her crib and she slept the entire night!!!! I was terrified, waking up every hour to make sure she was breathing, but Miriam did amazing! We are so proud of her.

We have almost completely weaned. I'm only pumping once every 2 or 3 days, so we are happy to be on to the next stage. Miriam loves peppermint candy canes, and any baby food in the fruit category. When feeding her green beans she acts like we are poisoning her and starts to gag. It will be easier I am sure.

And to my amazement (and slight horror) she will be a mover and groover in no time. Miriam has perfected moving across the entire living room on her back by moving those little feet of hers. She loves baby sit ups, bouncing and playing in her jumperoo, eating her toes, and standing with mommy and daddy's help. I can just imagine since I'm still injured trying to run after her with my fractured ribs and bum foot. This will be a hoot! Lol.

I think that is all I have for now! Please enjoy the Miriam pictures I have attached. Oh, and the one with the pink pants on her head... that is what happens when you ask Auntie Mindy to change a diaper! Enjoy and have an amazing day!

The Kenny Family








2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea!
    Adrienne Segerblom here. I don't know if you remember me - the last time I saw you was at Toby's baptism (I think). Anyway, I wanted to let you know how thrilled I am to read how well Miriam is doing. Dominic has been praying for her every night and will continue to do so.
    Love,
    The Segerbloms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Great post.

    One question, though: Is Miriam a redhead?? :)


    Loves,
    TimmyC

    ReplyDelete